Friday, October 1, 2010

Encouragement

I know, I've been lazy and haven't posted anything for the last few weeks. However I do have an excuse for the past 6 or 7 days, most of which has been preparing for, attending and recovering from Rockit youth camp. And what an awesome camp it was!

One of the most inspiring times on camp was at the end of the last session when everyone had a chance to say something encouraging about someone else. Starting with Len and Sheryl, the youth pastors. It didn't take long before the tears started to flow and we all started realising the value of each and every person there.

It made me think - what am I saying to encourage and uplift others who have impacted or changed my life for the better? Its easy to focus on the negative stuff or what others haven't done, but maybe if we all did something as simple as choosing our words more carefully, speaking life, not death, God would become more real to each of us than ever before.

Yeh its simple. But Wednesday reminded me that theres nothing more powerful.

http://www.facebook.com/lukefromaus
http://www.twitter.com/lukefromaus

No comments:

Post a Comment